The Advantages of
Loan pre-qualification provides a general guideline for how large a loan for which you can expect to qualify. It is not a loan approval or a formal loan commitment.
When you pre-qualify, your lender reviews your credit history, which allows for any problems or inaccuracies to be corrected. Any other information you provide, such as income and debt, is not verified on pre-qualification.
At the time you purchase a home your lender will conduct a full loan approval, including a credit check, employment and down payment verification and appraisal on the property you are purchasing.
Getting pre-qualified in addition to the services provided by our preferred lenders costs you nothing. By pre-qualifying, you'll have the information you need to better determine how much home you can afford. Click here for details on obtaining a loan.
Five key benefits to pre-qualifying for a home loan:
- Determine the maximum amount of home you can purchase.
- Determine the best type of loan for you.
- Determine the amount of down payment and closing costs you will need.
- Any credit problems or inaccuracies on your credit report can be corrected.
- Your offer is considered much stronger by the seller, especially if there are multiple offers.